Monday, March 31, 2008

Wishes For Julia

This is a card for my great neice Julia. She turns 6 years old on Tuesday.

I originally made another card for her, but you know, I wasn't that happy with it.

The first card I made, is a few posts down. This is what I came up with 3rd time around.

The card below is the finished version last night of this card, but I just wasn't happy with it again. As soon as I woke up this morning, I rubbed out the name, stuck a flower, placed a new J in a different spot and was much happier with the end result.

8 comments:

Sharon said...

I love this card & think you're neice will be delighted with it. I didn't buy the musical notes folder because I didn't think I would use it but seeing this card has given some ideas.
Tanks for sharing it.
Sharon x

Jackie said...

Thank yo for visiting my blog and for your kind comments. It looks like you've got a really good start on using your Cuttlebug creatively, I love your cards! I've added you to my Google Reader - can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Ying Pang, said...

Hi Paula,
Thank you for dropping by my blog and your nice comment. Could I feature this card on Inspirational Blog? we featured creative creations world wide.You can visit here:
http://inspirationalcraftblogs.blogspot.com/

Paula said...

Hi Ying
Oh wow! That would be amazing and an honour! YES!! I'll email you directly. Thank you so much :D

Julie Allain said...

I found you on Inspirational - your card is absolutely beautiful

Thanks for letting Ying feature it xx

Kathy said...

What a beautiful card!! Thanks for your kind words on my blog!! I am glad I stopped by here great ideas for my cuttlebug!!! Very pretty!!

Marijke said...

Wow Paula, I like your cards and specially the way you use the cuttlebug embossing folders!Most of the time I forget to use them, but when I see your cards, I surely am going to use them more often!

Anne said...

Congratulations on the well deserved recognition your card received... BEAUTIFUL!

{HUGS} :)